Order a Test
Following patient consultation, the medical doctor fills out the test requisition form
Send, by mail, the biological sample (a buccal swab) and the signed test requisition form to the HeartGenetics labs
Genetic test report
Results are delivered to the healthcare professional that requested the test, using the HeartGenetics’s web-based client platform.
Test Requisition Forms
Download the test requisition forms below. Please note that medical doctors are required to be registered at HeartGenetics before sending test requisitions. Please contact us to register with us.
Download Requisition Forms
- According to the Portuguese Act 12/ 2005, only certified medical doctors can request genetic testing. If you are not yet registered at HeartGenetics, please contact us here.
- The person that will perform the genetic test must sign an informed consent form.
Results are delivered in 10 days, with exception to HCMScreening and SportGene (both 30 days).
- Blood – 2 or 3mL of whole sterile blood collected in a plastic whole blood tube with spray-coated K2EDTA or K3EDTA
- DNA – DNA minimum concentration 300ng at  ng/mL
- Saliva– Isohelix Saliva Collectors Kit or Oragene DNA Collection kit, Genotek;
- Send samples at room temperature in a padded envelope. Ship immediately so HeartGenetics can receive it within 72 hours after collection.
- For more details click here: Español | English | Italiano | Português (BR)
- Please contact us for more information if your sample conditions are not included.